Marriage Visa

Non “O” Thai Marriage Visa

A Thai Marriage Visa is for a foreign national who is legally married to a Thai and is properly called a Non-Immigrant O Spouse Visa. This visa is valid for a period of one year, and it can be renewed annually from within Thailand, as long as you continue to remain married and meet all the criteria for the visa. A Non-Immigrant O Visa does not allow you to work in Thailand, but it does allow you to apply for a work permit.

Spouse Visa – How to apply

By far the easiest way is to let Expat Gold handle your visa application for you. A Thai Marriage Visa is a two step process. The first is to apply For a single entry Non “O” 90 day visa.

You must make sure you have all the requested documents, including copies and all originals. When entering Thailand on a 90 day Non-Immigrant O Visa, you must make the Marriage Visa extension at an immigration office during the last 30 days of your permitted 90-day stay.

The normal process for a marriage visa takes around 3-4 weeks, but it can take longer.

Marriage visa – Requirements

In order to apply for a Thai Marriage Visa you must be married to a Thai national. You will need to provide the following documents:

  • A recognized Marriage Certificate (you may also be required to present an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry from a Thai Embassy or Consulate from your home country.
  • Copy of your passport;
  • Copy of your Thai marriage certificate (and registration cert);
  • Copy of your Thai wife’s ID card;
  • Copy of your Thai wife’s Tabian Baan (Blue Book)
  • Copy of a map to your residence in Thailand;
  • Copy of photos showing you and your wife together;
  • You must give proof that you have at least 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name, and that it has been there for at least 2 months).
  • Or, you must prove that you have a monthly income or pension of at least 40,000 baht per month   OR
  • Or, have a combination of the money cleared in a Thai bank and an annual pension totaling at least 400,000 baht.
  • This must be the foreign man’s own income, it cannot be a joint income or the wife’s income. It should not be paid into a joint account.
  • If you are a foreign lady married to a Thai man then there is no financial requirement for your extension of stay.

In order to prove how much you have in your Thai bank you will need to provide:

  • An updated bank book or passbook.
  • A letter from your bank stating that all money transferred to your bank from overseas was cleared at least two months prior to making your visa application.

Other documents which may be requested:

  • A Police Clearance.
  • A Medical Certificate.

When renewing your Thai Marriage Visa you must have the necessary funds cleared in your Thai Bank account at least 3 months prior to your renewal application.

What you should know

90-day Reporting

Holders of a Non-Immigrant O Marriage Visa must report their current address to a Thai immigration office every 90 days. This can be done three ways:

  • In person at a Thai immigration office.
  • By mail.
  • Through an agent who has the Power of Attorney to report you status.

If you are not in Thailand on the date your 90-day reporting is due, you do not need to report your status, your 90-day reporting will begin again from day 1 on the date you re-enter Thailand.

Re-entry Permit

If you plan on leaving and re-entering Thailand whilst on Non-Immigrant O Marriage Visa, you will first need to get a re-entry permit in order to not lose your visa when you leave.

A re-entry permit can be secured from a Thai Immigration Office or International Airport. Our fees are 1,500 Baht for a single re-entry, and 4,200 Baht for a multiple re-entry permit.

When re-entering Thailand, make sure to note the number of your re-entry permit on your immigration arrival form in order for your visa to be re-activated.


If there is a divorce your Non-Immigrant O Marriage Visa will become invalid and you will be required to leave Thailand immediately. In some cases, you may be allowed to remain in the Thailand until the Thai Marriage Visa expires, but you must first check at a Thai Immigration Office.


We are so confident in our professionalism and network of support that we are able to offer a 100%


If we fail to get your visa then we will not charge you our fee.

This is due to the efficiency and high quality service we provide and how highly we value your hard-earned money and time. Naturally there are some conditions and we need to assess the client’s eligibility first.

No Visa – No Fee

Are you eligible?

Expat Gold makes it easy for you.
Find out how.