Teaching Visas

Non Immigrant “B” (Teaching) Visas

The lush environment, diverse culture, picturesque landscapes, and an amazing array of culinary treats helps to make Thailand  home to some 200,000 expatriates, including a large teaching community.

Thailand is an attractive location for teaching for another simple reason as well — the affordably inexpensive cost of living. Foreign English teachers can live adequately with an average monthly salary of about 30 – 40,000 baht  a month.


Foreigners who intend to take up employment as school teachers at the levels below university level in Thailand must submit the following required documents:
– Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months
– Completed visa application form
– Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.
– Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand.
– Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.
– Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.
– School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile.
– Applicant’s resume.        
– Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorised agencies in applicant’s country. (The requirement of the submission of such police certificate is optional. The applicant must submit it if consular officer requests he/she to do so.


The validity of a visa is 3 months. It can then be extended to 12 months,


Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days.  He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.


  • Upon entry into the Kingdom, applicant or his or her appointed representatives must apply for a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly.  If the applicant’s associated company is located in the provinces, the applicant must apply at the Employment Office of that province.
  • Applicant’s family members (i.e., spouse, parents and children who are unmarried and under 20 years old) are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa (category “O”) and will be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year.


Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are adivised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.


We are so confident in our professionalism and network of support that we are able to offer a 100%


If we fail to get your visa then we will not charge you our fee.

This is due to the efficiency and high quality service we provide and how highly we value your hard-earned money and time. Naturally there are some conditions and we need to assess the client’s eligibility first.

No Visa – No Fee

Are you eligible?

Expat Gold makes it easy for you.
Find out how.